Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

An Ode to Poetry

Your presence fills me with purpose;
Your mere touch the strongest embrace,
As you trapeze between the ages,
Vanishing and reappearing, ageless;
Each time more beautiful than before,
Fertilizing my thoughts in your bosom,
Knitting my words with your restless arms.
Formless beauty I cannot fathom,
Except when you are within,
My reins between your thighs;
A wandering oasis feeding those who desire, imagine,
Making the mundane beautiful with your breath,
Your beat driving out the stillness within,
Stirring up passions and emotions
In an otherwise placid world,
Creating currents of rhythm and longing
From a stagnant suffocation,
Teasing, tantalising, making me speak your words,
Filling me with belonging; and then
Leaving me with your fragrance,
Controlling me, making me long for more.
My mistress in a world unlike we know,
Visiting me only when I’m alone as you,
Turning me inside out, emptying the darkness,
Without judgement, without ridicule,
Filling me with pure, passionate desire;
Slow-dancing with me, Bringing time to a standstill,
My muse, my music, my Poetry...

No comments:

Post a Comment