Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Tonight, I think of you


When I sing your song
It brings me comfort on this rainy day,
as I hold myself
around the knees and rock away to the tune
of your memories...
We may not have had what it took
and it certainly took all that we had, and more.
Yet there is this web that binds us together,
one that I couldn't shake off,
that all the bitterness couldn't wear off,
that all my running couldn't tear off,
and one that follows me wherever I turn,
one that wraps itself around me
though we are only miles apart.

I wonder where Poetry had gone.
She had strayed away from me too;
She was once very close to me like you were,
and then she went away
like I sent you away
She's sometimes my only friend in loneliness,
when the nights are long and sleepless
when it is cold even at 42 degrees...deep within
Ive frozen everything, and yet
a drop trickles down the glacier every now and then,
reminding me of you, etching your face
on the icy mass, cutting through the frozen vault
letting out shapes of
when all it took was to hold your hand,
all I needed was that hug, and then everything
was in order in the cosmos again.

Then things fell apart
like they've always done... and now
there is this fear of opening up locked spaces
of letting out whats trapped inside.
There is a fear of fresh air too...
as I clench my fists around my self
and curl my thoughts into oblivion...but tonight
the songs dont fill the void anymore,
the wine doesnt numb it all anymore,
the morning doesn't dim the night anymore, and
forgetfulness can't control the mind anymore.
So, here I am, making love with Poetry,
and tonight, I think of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment